Settings of TV sets with built-in DVB-C digital tuner
There are two methods to receive the digital TV signal provided by Telnet:
- through external digital receiver STB (set-top-box) for TV sets with no digital tuner
- through direct connection for TV sets with built-in standard DVB-C digital tuner.
External digital receivers STB (set-top-box) make their settings and update the channels automatically without any intervention by the user.
To set up a TV set with built-in DVB-C digital tuner to receive the channels of Telnet, follow these steps:
1. Reset the TV to its default factory settings.
2. When choosing a country, select Bulgaria or Eastern Europe.
3. In the next step, select Cable and not Antenna.
4. For scanning the channels, select Full Search. If this doesn't work, then select Quick Search; in the Frequency field enter Start Frequency: 442 MHz or 442,000 kHz, and End Frequency: 735 Mhz or 735,000 kHz; for Symbol Rate enter S/R 6875; for QAM modulation enter 128; and then start the search.
5. The main NIT frequency is already 450 Mhz (instead of the previous setting of 615 Mhz).
Here are the frequencies (parameters) of the Telnet digital TV:
Symbol Rate: S/R 6875
Modulation: QAM - 128
Since the settings for each TV set vary according to the model/make, Telnet recommends you to refer to the User Manual or get a specialist to make these settings.
In order to receive TV programs in HD format, the TV set with built-in DVB-C tuner must support the MPEG 4 format.
ADDITIONAL SETTINGS NECESSARY FOR THE EPG SERVICE:
The Electronic Program Guide (EPG) service provided by Telnet is activated automatically for all digital receivers and TV sets. In some cases it is necessary to further enable the "Automatic" date and time setting of your TV, as well as to choose the following time zone: +2 (Sofia, Istanbul, Athens).
If you need assistance, you can call the 24-hour Customer Service Centre of Telnet LTD.
The Telnet Team